Lake Chelan Community Hospital and Clinics Incident Command System has been activated to monitor and track COVID-19
Lake Chelan Community Hospital Incident Command System has been activated to monitor and track changes of this disease and how we care for patients and our staff regarding Coronavirus 2019. We have initiated screenings following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for all patients that check-in to the hospital or Lake Chelan Clinic. We have protocols in place that include the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate to keep our employees and patients safe from exposure in the event a potential coronavirus patient presents at one of our facilities.
The hospital and Lake Chelan Clinic have been on visitor restrictions for some time now as a safety measure for keeping patients and staff safe due to the increase in flu cases throughout Washington. The hospital and clinic will continue visitor restrictions during this time.
What do I do if I think I may be feeling symptoms consistent with the Coronavirus infection?
- If you are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, new cough and shortness of breath, that you feel may be consistent with coronavirus, we ask that you DO NOT show up at your place of health care unannounced. Instead, please call the hospital at 509-682-3300 or Lake Chelan Clinic at 509-682-2511, so we may ask you a few questions that will best determine your course of care.
- Testing for coronavirus remains with Public Health and is being limited to the most-sick patients. There is no mass testing processes in place currently.
- When patients do visit our facilities, we will ask those with a cough or respiratory symptoms to put on a mask immediately upon arriving. As per CDC recommendations, it is not necessary to provide masks or other general PPE to the general public
- We are committed to provide a place to receive care and reducing the likelihood of transmission.
- If you have an emergency and need immediate medical attention, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Lake Chelan Community Hospital and Lake Chelan Clinic services are fully functional and ready to serve you and your health care needs.