Our wound care team consists of a Physical Therapist who is credentialed to perform advanced wound care services, a certified lymphedema and wound therapist and a nurses trained in wound care. We provide the most up-to-date procedures with advanced wound care dressing and supplies.
Who would benefit?
- Conditions we can treat: Arterial and Venous stasis wounds, Diabetic foot wounds, Open surgical wounds, Chronic wounds, Burns, Traumatic wounds.
- Treatments we can provide: Advanced wound care techniques including sharp debridement to remove necrotic tissue, application of advanced dressings, compression, negative pressure wound therapy and lymphedema therapy.
Where are wound care services provided?
- Services are available for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Inpatients are treated in their rooms
- Outpatients are treated in the physical therapy department of the hospital
How can I access wound care services?
- Inpatients are treated for wound care by a physical therapist or nurse under the direction of a physician. The inpatient physician will coordinate wound care services.
- Outpatients will need to obtain a referral from their physician. Once the physical therapy department receives the referral, they will call the patient to schedule an appointment in the physical therapy department.
Wound Care Providers:
Javier Ascanio, PT, DPT, OCS, WCC, CLWT, CSCS
Javier Ascanio earned his Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) in 2020 from University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Javier is a board certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) and board certified in Wound Care (WCC). Following his doctorate, Javier completed a post-professional orthopedic residency with Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation where he had the opportunity to work with individuals of all ages, including high level athletes. Javier’s philosophy when treating is that the best treatment is centered around the patient’s values and goals using the best available evidence. Javier is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), volunteering with the local school athletic programs. Javier earned his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University where he also met his wife.
In his off-time, Javier enjoys volunteering with the Manson Fire Department as a Firefighter/EMT and spending time with his wife and three boys in the outdoors.
Beth Shaw, PTA, CLWT
Beth Shaw is a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) and Certified Lymphedema and Wound Care Therapist (CLWT) who joined the Lake Chelan Health Rehabilitation Department in September 2017. She received her degree from Whatcom Community College in Bellingham, WA. Beth works with the physical therapist to provide outpatient and inpatient physical therapy for adults as well as wound and lymphedema care.
Beth enjoys outdoor activities and spending time with her family.