Patient & Family Advisory Council
The mission of the Patient and Family Advisory Council is to serve as an advisory resource for Lake Chelan Health on the planning, delivery and evaluation of care.
The council serves as a link between Lake Chelan Health and the broader community by offering insights on hospital performance, collaborating with caregivers to develop priorities and making improvements based on patient and family identified needs.
What do patient & family advisors do?
If you are an advisor for our hospital, you can help us in the following ways:
- Share your story. Advisors help by talking about their health care experiences with clinicians, staff and other patients.
- Participate in discussion groups. Advisors tell us what it’s like to be a patient at our hospital and share what we can do to improve.
- Review or help create educational or informational materials. Advisors help review or create materials like forms, health information handouts, and discharge instructions. Advisors help us make these materials easier for all patients and family members to understand and use.
- Work on short-term projects. We sometimes ask advisors to partner with us in making improvements — for example, helping to plan and design a family resource room.
- Serve on a patient and family advisory council. An advisory council discusses and plans changes to improve hospital quality and safety. Members include patients, family members, and hospital staff.
Due to COVID-19 the Patient Family Advisory Council is currently postponed until further notice.